Writing Prompt #1

I love writing prompts. Even if I don't finish the story I start, it sometimes gives me ideas for a current WIP.

Every day I'll post a writing prompt along with my normal blog post. Feel free to put your results in the comments section each day. I'd love to read what you come up with.

Writing Prompt #1

Your parents are insisting you participate in a professional family Christmas photo to be sent out. You hate the idea. Just as the photographer is about to snap you shove an Oreo cookie in your mouth and smile your biggest toothy smile. What happens when your mother gets the proofs?

Comments

Pat Tillett said…
When the proofs arrived, there was no sign of my Oreo laden smile.

Most of my face was hidden behind my mother’s freakishly quick backhand slap. For just a moment, I’d forgotten about her incredible hand speed.

The framed picture hung just above our television set for years. It served as a reminder that quick and painful retribution was always just a split second away...
I love writing prompts! (And I love Oreos.)

Hmm. I'll think on this...
Lisa Miles said…
Great job, Pat!

Janna, I love them too. I just need the time to actually do one:) My little guy is being punished today, so no video games, tv, etc. It makes for a hard day for mama:)

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven