Parenting 101 & House Update

One of the hardest parts of parenting is when your kid is sick. It's not the puking-pooping-snot-nosed part I have a problem with, it's the feverish-lathargic-can't keep their eyes open part. He just wants to lay around and keep his eyes closed. His fever is gone and I got him to eat a little cereal and drink some juice, but I can't get him out of bed. I'm assuming he's just still weak from not eating at all yesterday, and just needs to rest today.

*If this post in any way alarms you and you can't believe how stupid I am for not rushing him to emergency immediately, please feel free to let me know and slap me upside the head.

Just got a call from Mike saying he's approved for the mortgage! (We did it in Mike's name so when/if we sell we can buy our next house in my name as a first time homebuyer. Even though I've owned a house before, if you don't own one for three years you're considered a first time buyer again.) This is so exciting because the bank lady thought the underwriter would want to see all kinds of paperwork from Mike about fostering/adoption subsidies. And seeing as how we waived the house inspector we were a little worried what the bank appraiser might find. But he was there on Friday and apparently found nothing wrong, thank God. Having my brother and dad check the house out saved us $300 for an inspector.

Now we wait for our closing date:)

Comments

It's hard, so hard. There's always that fear you'll do something wrong, or react too late, or... it goes on.

I think you're good not to panic. We use our intuition, and you're wise to let him rest. His fever's gone, that's the main thing. His little body just has to catch up.
Lisa Miles said…
It's especially hard when you have a kid who is so active all the time. When he just lays around it scares me. Maybe I should just take advantage of it:)

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven