40 Going on 17

How can I be turning 40 in less than a month, when I feel like I'm the same awkward 17 year old I once was? I still give my girl friends guy advice. And I still give my guy friends girl advice. I still love gossip magazines and seeing what everyone is wearing. I'm still rebellious enough to not give in and wear Uggs like everyone else (even though I think they're cute). I still laugh when someone farts (now mostly at my four year old son). And I really laugh when someone falls down. I would still secretly like to collect stickers. Especially the puffy ones. I still love playing the MASH game. I have a strong urge, after I finish growing my hair really, really long, to cut it super short and dye it hot pink. I still paint my nails crazy colors, only now I paint my son's too (hey, he asks).

Maybe it's not that I still feel 17. Maybe I'm just an immature 40 year old. Hmm....

Comments

chickadeegirl said…
Stay that way! Always feel like you're 17, it will keep you always young! Those smurf stickers are awesome. Everytime I see smurf stickers I have to buy them, I have smurf magnets on the fridge. I will always be living in the 80's! My kids like 80's music and disco as well. Stay 17!!!!!
Raine Chasing said…
I think we're all still teens, only some of us let it out and let it be known. I know I do. I'm somewhere between 2 - 18 years old although my birth certificate says I'll be turning 31 in 3 weeks. But hey, whatever keeps us young, right?
DL Hammons said…
Join the club. I'm 50+ and I have to talk myself out of buying the Halo minature characters everytime I pass by them in the store.

*Deep Sigh*
Lisa Miles said…
Lol, at least I'm not alone:)
I think we need a name for people like us. Instead of "tweens" were "tw-orty"! Hey, I'm all about Nancy Drew these days - especially the pc game. As for stickers - that's why scrapbooking is such a craze. The ladies can't resists the stickers and paper!
Tara said…
Your last line...coulda written it myself. I'm not quite 40, but close enough to say I feel the same.
maybe you're just a 40 year old who knows how to live. i salute you!
Deb said…
Completely understand. I just turned 40 and I can't figure it out. I feel like I'm in my 20's. Cool Smurf stickers! Ha..and I love MASH--play that with my 13yo daughter :)

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven