Back It Up & Say It Again

I'm tired.

And grouchy.

Really grouchy if you ask Mike. I haven't had any sugar, so it's not that. But I am consistantly woken up every night by Joey for any number of mundane reasons.

I snapped at Joey a lot today and I feel bad. He really is a good boy. But when I'm tired all I hear is the constant whine in his voice when he says, "I want juice (Indiana Jones, to go poopy, my blankey, apples and cinnamon, milk, more juice)." You get the idea.  I drill manners into him all day long, so the "I want" thing drives me nuts.

When I was little we used to sing this little song:

"1,2,3,4,5
Lisa Ciurca don't take no jive,
6,7,8,9,10
gonna back it up and say it again."

(What can I say? It was the 70s.)

I took Joey to Bed Bath and Beyond today to buy some curtains for the new house. He was literally hanging on me and pulling on my coat. He wanted to be carried and was whining (a.k.a. driving me nutso). I finally had to leave the store.

But I was a good mommy. I took him with me when I left.

We went to Target. The lure of popcorn usually keeps him quiet for at least ten minutes. When we got to the bathroom accessories aisle he said he had to go potty. I was frustrated having just started to look at house stuff.

I carried him (because it's much quicker than him walking) all the way to the front of the store. I was trying hard to be patient and answer his questions on the way about why we don't have orange Tic Tacs and can we get some.

After he peed he tried to unroll the whole roll of toilet paper. I was getting close to snapping again.

Instead I asked him to back up towards the door so I could go. He shuffled back with his pants still down and said, "Should I back it up and say it again?"

How could I be frustrated at that?

Comments

Raine Chasing said…
Oh, thats so cute. "1,2,3,4,5
Lisa Ciurca don't take no jive,
6,7,8,9,10
gonna back it up and say it again."

And the part about taking him with you when you left the store. Good Mommy.

"Should I back it up and say it again?"
You can't be frustrated at that. Thats so adorable.

Hope your grouchiness goes away soon. :)
Lisa Miles said…
Thanks, I feel better just writing about it.
Huh. You'd think as a writer I'd know that would make me feel better.
I love this! That's so awesome he knows that line. :)
Lisa Miles said…
I sang the song to him about six or more months ago. I was shocked when he said it! It just shows how much little guys pick up.

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven