I'd Like to Accept This Award...

...on behalf of..never receiving an award before.

*bows graciously*

A big THANK YOU to Crystal Cook for giving me this award. Stop by her blog and check out her beautiful paintings!

Now I'm supposed to write seven things about myself, which won't be easy considering I just did twelve things yesterday. But I'm sure I can come up with something awkward and embarrassing.

 1. At least once I day I hear the loving words, "Come wipe me," from my four year old.

2. I had bells palsy twice. And it sucked both times.

3. I was thisclose to having my eye sewn shut from it because my cornea became cracked and dry. The doctor told me to try one more thing before he got out his sewing kit: put Saran Wrap on my eye at night to trap moisture in. It worked. And I thank God!

4.  I once accidentally told a girl she was adopted.

5. One time before I let the cable guy in when I was home alone, I sprayed my mace to make sure it worked. We both walked into it and couldn't stop coughing and choking.

6. My house is usually clean and organized. Just don't open a closet or you'll be buried in crap.

7. I have a girl crush on Tina Fey and wish I could be BFF's with Taylor Swift.



Now, I hereby pass on this award to:

Judith Coughlin

Melanie Avila, What Am I Doing In Mexico?

Noelle Nolan, A Life Rewritten

Musings of a Writer Chick Living in Paradise

Kristin Creative, A Writer's Journey to Become an Author

Comments

Sarah Ahiers said…
these facts were awesome!
i assume the eye sewn shut would have just been a temporary measure, yes? and couldn't they just tape it shut?
Lisa Miles said…
Yes, it would have been temporary. But I really didn't want the scars under my eye. I used to tape it shut every night with this goop in it to keep it hydrated, but I guess it wasn't working. The Saran Wrap did the trick.
Roxy said…
I enjoyed those seven true things about you. You are a fascinating person! Great post.
DL Hammons said…
Once again your "pain" has given me the giggles. I can totally see your story about the cable man and mace showing up on Modern Family or something!

*Still giggling*

*Still giggling*

*Still giggling*
Eesh, that's creepy about the eye.

I'm cracking up over the mace thing. I can totally see Stephanie Plum doing that.
Lisa Miles said…
DL, so glad I'm still making you laugh.

Mel, That's funny! Now I can see that, too. Maybe I'll use it somewhere.
Kristi Faith said…
Totally love the mace story. So something I would do. LOL

Great getting to know you. I love visiting. :0)
Lisa Miles said…
Thanks Kristi, I enjoy your blog too:)
Kelly H-Y said…
Enjoyed your facts! Congrats on the award!
Hilarious list!!! I can tell you are quite a character. And let me tell you "stay away from my closet as well." LOL!!!


I see you are reading Bleed. I found it to be an interesting read. In fact, if there was a second book I would read it.
Have you read any of Laurie's other books?

Take care and Mahalo for visiting my blog!!=)
Lisa Miles said…
Thanks for visiting! Bleed is the first of her books I've read. I Googled "edgy YA" and it came up, along with Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Wiess. I'm also addicted to Ellen Hopkins right now after finishing Crank and Glass in six days.
Congrats on your first award. That just may be one of the funniest lists I've read yet! :-)
Kristin Rae said…
Thank you so much!! Love the saran wrap on the eye! hilarious.
L. D. Nash said…
Absolutely love number 6. I bow to thee O Cleaning Guru.

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven