12 Things You Don't Know About Me (and don't necessarily want to)

1. I hate raisins. The remind me of big, fat black ants and it grosses me out to bite into one.

2. When I sleep I cover my ear with my hair so spiders won't crawl inside.

3. If I'm shopping and I find something (shirt, notebook, etc.) that I absolutely love but it comes in lots of colors, I won't be able to decide and I won't buy it at all.

4. When I was 22 I drank too much a guy's house and while he was in the shower, I held his dirty dishes up in the air while I threw up in his kitchen sink. (He never knew. Although when he offered me shrimp cocktail and waved it in front of my face a few minutes later, I threw up all over his couch).

5. I cry at almost every episode of American Idol because of the sob stories and also, I'm happy they're trying so hard to achieve their dream.

6. I once filled out tons of mail-in-order forms from magazines and had them sent to someone's house who deserved so much more than that.

7. I've made dinner and given myself food poisoning. More than once.

8. After getting out of an abusive relationship as a teen, I pushed my next boyfriend verbally to see if he'd get abusive. He threw a handfull of plant dirt at me and walked out. It still makes me laugh. (He was far from abusive).

9. When I was six I got so mad at my best friend that I grabbed her arm and bit her as hard as I could. Then I went and hid under my bed.

10. I've been known to tell Joey the parks are closed because it's a special holiday when I don't feel like standing around the playground with "the mommies."

11. Sometimes when Mike watches Joey for an hour so I can write, I waste the time on Facebook instead. (It's not my fault it's so addicting!)

12. When we buy Chex Party Mix I eat all the fun stuff and leave the Chex for Mike. He gets mad every time.

Please steal this idea so I can read embarrassing things about you:)

Comments

jdsanc said…
#2 Good call. Went to the doctor a few months ago with an ear ache that just wouldn't go away and..that's right, it was a bug. Which they didn't tell me right away. First, said they needed a "second opinion" and then a third and then I am getting pissed and saying something like "what the f*&#" and so they told me. Centipede.
Something most don't know about me. Something I don't even want to know about me.
Natalie said…
I cry during American Idol too. My husband always makes fun of me.

Hm, and what else. I'm not at all afraid of spiders, but I really don't like anything that slithers (worms, snakes, CENTIPEDES).

And Judith, that is seriously the grossest thing I've ever heard. I'm going to start sleeping with my hands over my ears too.
lol. i eat the good stuff out of the chex party mix, too. i'll think about posting something like this.
These are awesome! Great variety. :) And I always love a good sneaky puking story.
Jennifer said…
I have never thought to fill out a bunch of order forms for someone else. I like how your mind works!
Raine Chasing said…
I think raisins look like rat crap so I don't eat them. LOL I cover my ears with a blanket all night. I woke up one morning many years ago with a little white spider in my ear. Yuck. Still makes my skin crawl.

#4 & #7 ( food poisoning - how'd you do that?) is hilarious. Remind me not to eat anything you cook. LOL just joking.
Erin Kuhns said…
Love this post, though I feel intensely itchy all of a sudden...

I did made a similar post just a few days ago (Feb.12) - "Top Ten Non-Writing Activities"...Personally, as much as I love reading all of these writing blogs, I absolutely love the personal edge that people offer within their blogs.

(Btw, I'm still itchy...)
Okay number 2 has given me the chills THREE times now. Ugh. I have this sudden urge to shower.

Also, we can share Chex Mex anytime you want! The chex are my FAVORITE PART!!!
Lisa Miles said…
That's so gross about the centipede. I'd have to wear earplugs after that.

Erin, I think I got the idea from you and put a link back to your post:)

Thanks Sara, we sound like a good munchies match:)
DL Hammons said…
That was absolutely hilarious! I love post like these, where we get to know you just a wee bit more.

I'm still chuckling about holding up the dirty dishes to barf. LOL!!!
Kelly H-Y said…
Ohhhh, that spider picture made me cringe! :-) Great list!
Lisa Miles said…
DL, I'm glad my pain can make you laugh:)

Kelly, I didn't even like saving that spider pic to my computer!
Oh you naughty girl! You sent junk mail to someone else's house! (among other things).
Don't tell anyone this, but I once stood in for a main character in a TV show and had to wear her (long) dress. I went to the toilet in a hurry, and only realised after the deed was done, that I'd urinated on the back of the dress by accident. I washed it off and kept my mouth shut. I hope she didn't smell it when she came back to retrieve her part and her dress.
Lisa Miles said…
Haha, Anne, you're the naughty girl:)
This comment has been removed by the author.
You are adorable! Thanks for stopping in over at Random Thoughts....I will be back to check on you. I loved your post today! I'll have to wear ear muffs tonight. :)

We were out of town last week. I teared up when the blonde girl from TN didn't make it. :( I was really hoping for good things for her.
Lisa Miles said…
Sharon, thanks for stopping by:) I cried when that girl got sent home, too. She was so cute!
Crystal Cook said…
I have an award for you at my blog!
Kristi Faith said…
Oh! I can't wait to use this prompt next week. Can I shamelessly steal from you?!

I love the list. Especially the drinking at a guy's house and throwing up in the sink. I have SO done that. LOL And at least you were kind enough to hold the dishes up.
Lisa Miles said…
Kristi, Please go ahead and steal this idea! I'd love to read what you come up with:)

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven