Forty and...Frumpy?

Last night while I was watching Joey dip his scrambled eggs in cinnamon, my dad called. He talked to me for a minute then asked to talk to Mike about going to a hockey game.

I didn't think anything was up until I heard Mike start to whisper. I tiptoed into the hallway, but Mike saw me, covered the phone and asked what I was doing. I said, "Nothing," and went back to watching Joey now dip his Doritos in cinnamon (don't ask, I'm not a cook and I had to make dinner).

It suddenly dawned on me that they could be talking whispering about my 40th birthday coming up in March. Mike keeps asking me what I want to do for it and I keep telling him I don't care. (It's not up to me to plan anything, right?)

We're going to be moving into our new house sometime in March, but we don't have our closing date yet. My birthday is on the 20th, right smack dab in the middle of everything.

Now on top of having to pack everything and organize a move, I have to make sure I look presentable at all times in case I walk into...oh, I don't know...a party in progress that I didn't know about.

So to add to my to-do list,  I have to:

- color hair
- stop wearing sweats everywhere
- get more sleep so I don't look so tired...I mean so I don't look so 40.
- start applying make-up with the lights on
- remember not to say the words poopy, fart or any swear words as I walk into any doors
- and, for the love of God, please don't let me say anything mean or gossipy about anyone as I walk through a door.

There. Is that so much to ask?

Comments

Noelle Nolan said…
So, what do you want to do for your birthday? :)

So many things, but with turning 40 and all - are you going to be able to remember all those things on your list? LOL I can't really say anything. I'm turning 31 in March and it seems I've already hit the 80 year old mark. Memory is gone, make up doesn't cover the crows feet, and well as far as being one of those old biddies who gossips or cusses as I walk thru a door - guilty as charged.
Lisa Miles said…
I don't want anything for my birthday:) Just my house.

Ah, to be 31 again, lol.
My birthday is March 17th. :) I'm dreading this one (35) and I'm moving a couple weeks beforehand too.

Your plan of attack sounds like a good one. :)
Lisa Miles said…
Wow, we both have big birthdays and big moves coming up! Although your move is much bigger:)

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven