Getting to Know You Question

Have you ever been pulled over by a police officer? What happened?

Unfortunately, I've been pulled over quite a few times, and each time has been memorable in some way or another. The funniest was about seven years ago.

My husband and I were living in an apartment complex in a semi-crappy neighborhood. Our apartment was way in the back, which was quiet, but also meant not visible from the road. Because of this my car had its windows smashed in two different times, with stuff stolen both times. The first time my brand new CD player was ripped out (my fault for not taking the cover off.) I was especially mad because it hadn't been completely paid for yet.

Fast-forward a few weeks, I was coming home from work and was only 100 feet from our complex, when sirens came on right away. I pulled into our parking lot, excited.

The officer came to my window. "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

"Yes," I said, and started to get out of the car. "You found my CD player, thank you so much. I've been wondering what was taking you so long to--"

"Get back in the car, now," he said. I did.

I looked around, not seeing my CD player. "Where is it? In your car? I'll wait here."

Suddenly my husband pulls into the parking lot, sees the cop car and me and jumps out of his car, worried.

"What's going on?" he asks.

The cop, not knowing who he was, said, "Sir, get back in your car." My husband didn't listen and the cop made a move towards him. He got back in the car as I yelled to him, "It's ok, they found my CD player!"

Just then a bee flew in my open window. I freaked out and jumped out of the car, only to be told (quite forcefully, I might add) to get back in the car. I tried to explain about the bee, but he didn't care. I sat there bobbing and weaving to avoid getting stung.

"You didn't come to a complete stop back there at a red light before turning right. I'm issuing you a ticket."

"So, you don't have my CD player?"

"No, I don't have your CD player," he said, shoving the ticket at me.

I think he was relieved to get away from me.

Comments

Shelley Sly said…
This was pretty funny! Thanks for sharing. Did you ever get your CD player back?
Lisa Miles said…
No! And I was smart enough not to ask the next few cops who pulled me over throughout the years for speeding:)
Crystal Cook said…
That is so funny Lisa! I love your stories.
Kelly Miller said…
Oh My Gosh I am laughing my head off right now!! Lisa the visuals that went with this were THE BEST!!
Unknown said…
LOL that is hilarious! Too bad you never found the CD Player but at least you learned your lesson.

I was pulled over when I was 17, I was late to a CPR class and sped up and accidentally missed a sign that said no trespassing. Luckily enough he only gave me a ticket for speeding and then got me to my CPR Class!!
Lisa Miles said…
Thanks:)
Jen, you were lucky!
Bossy Betty said…
The bee in the car did not hep the situation! You have to wonder if that cop is blogging somewhere right now about the nutty, bobbing, lady who kept talking about her CD player!
Tess said…
ha! you have to thread that scene into a novel someday .... you must!
Anonymous said…
I'm sorry you never got your CD player back but I'm glad you didn't get stung by the bee!
Erin Kuhns said…
That is TOO funny! I do love reading your stories...I miss some days, but one of these days I'll go back and read 'em all!!

I thought I'd cry the first time getting pulled over, but for some reason (stress, I'm guessing) I just couldn't help but laugh. I had to pull myself together so I didn't come across as looney for the police officer! I was 19 and I got a $90 ticket. Oops.
Jude said…
Oh my goodness!! Hahaha that's amazing. I've never gotten pulled over, but if I do, I hope it'll be as cool a story as yours.
Lisa Miles said…
Judith, good for you for never being pulled over.

It's actually embarrassing considering I was 30. Sounds like more of my twelve year old stories:)
Yes! Several times for repair complaints. However, once an office pulled my sister and me over when she asked him, "why" he said because her license plate was too high and had a strange personalized plate (it had a radio station name). She asked for his badge number and he sputtered, stalled and apologized for pulling us over, then put his face in the window and said, "go ahead - hit me!" Isn't that WEIRRRRD!

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven