The Time I Bit My Tongue Off

When I was eight, I was over my babysitters house playing with a bunch of kids in the backyard. My mom was home across the street. We were playing Ring-Around-the-Rosie and when we sang, "Ashes, ashes, we all fall down," I fell down hard and bit my tongue at the same time.

I'd never bitten my tongue before, and I thought I had completely bitten it off. I went running out of the backyard screaming like a maniac. I was lucky there were no cars coming because I just darted across the street without looking.

In the process of running across the street screaming, I lost one of my shoes. By the time I got to my house,  my mom was running out the front door because she thought I'd been hit by a car (since I was screaming so loud).

When she finally calmed me down and I realized I still had my tongue, I had to limp back into the street to get my other shoe. Needless to say I was much too embarrassed to go back and play Ring-Around-the-Rosie with my friends.

Comments

Bossy Betty said…
Glad you didn't actually bite it off! What a shocker to think that you might have though!
Natalie said…
Eek! Biting your tongue HURTS. I can totally see why you freaked out.
Carolyn V. said…
I've bitten my tongue so many times! And it still hurts! Even though I'm older. I'm glad your tongue was okay and I totally understand the embarrassment thing. =)
A) I love the shoe in that picture and

B) I'm so glad you didn't take the tip off!
prashant said…
What a shocker to think that you might have though!
Contextual Ad Network India

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven