A Popcorn Bowl Full of Cereal

When I was seven (why do all of my stories happen at that age?), my brother and I couldn't decide which little box of cereal to eat. So we did what any normal seven and four year old would do. We poured all ten boxes into a big popcorn bowl and added over a half gallon of milk.

At first we dug in, shoving spoonful after spoonful into our mouths. But we got full very quickly. Then my dad came into the kitchen.

He took one look at our enormous bowl still filled with cereal and wasted milk and said, "You're both going to finish that bowl."

I immediately burst into tears...because of the Elvis thing...

Comments

Raine Chasing said…
Did you two finish that bowl of cereal? LOL
Pat Tillett said…
Oh yeah, I remember that post. did you finish? I feel a little bit ill right now...
Lisa Miles said…
No, we didn't eat it all. If we had, I might never have eaten cereal again!
Terra said…
Oh my, I loved those little cereal boxes, but never had your creative/ crazy idea! The look on your dad's face must have been priceless.
Carolyn V. said…
LOL! I missed the Elvis post. How funny! I'm glad you didn't finish the whole bowl. =)
Bossy Betty said…
I remember the Elvis thing! (See how your posts stay with me?)
Stephanie said…
LOL! That so reminds me of when I was a kid...I think I was 8 though! My step brother and I were making a "drink" and it had all sorts of things in it- ketchup, mustard, I think some cereal, maybe some milk...I can't even remember what else but it was gross. His dad came in and yelled at us and said we were gonna drink it. I didn't...but I my step brother did. I felt quite indebted to him that day.

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven