Babies Are Made With Iced Tea

When I was seven my family moved from the city out to the country to run a motel. We lived in the house attached to the lobby. Every day I'd help my mom change all the sheets in the motel rooms and clean up.

There were a few people who were regulars and basically lived at the motel. One family had five kids living in their room. I'm not sure where they put them all. I was good friends with one of the boys, Daniel. There was also a family who lived there with a little girl and a baby. 

One day I was hanging outside with Daniel, the little girl and her baby brother. The girl let me hold her baby brother, the first time I'd ever held a baby. at this point I knew nothing about babies or where they came from.

I held the baby close and smelled his head. It smelled like iced tea. The longer I held him and sniffed his head, I was certain of something. Babies were somehow made from iced tea. This baby was black and I figured the more iced tea powder you added to the mix, the darker they were.

Comments

L. D. Nash said…
Lol, too funny. I like this.

When I was pregnant with my son, my daughther (who was almost 2) was convinced her baby brother was coming from Wal-Mart.

:D I didn't argue.
Stephanie said…
LOL! How cute!!!
MeganRebekah said…
LOL!!!
If only it were that easy :)
Carolyn V. said…
Hee hee. How cute! =D
Lisa Miles said…
Lol, Dawn! At least they have good deals there:)
So funny...

I moved to America when I was 8. My Mum and Step-Dad bought a hotel. Yes, we lived in an apartment in the bottom floor and I helped clean the rooms and make the beds...I find this really funny because I'm wuite a bit older than you. :)

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven