My Tiger Hunt with Ernie

I was huge into records when I was a kid. Some of my favorites were: Shaun Cassisdy, Barry Manilow Live, Don McLean (American Pie), Big Bird, Cookie Monster and Ernie and Bert (I learned not too long ago they're called Bert and Ernie, but for some reason my brother and I always called them Ernie and Bert. I still have these last three records).

Although I knew every word to every song on each album, my favorite was Ernie and Bert. There was one particular song called Tiger Hunt that was my absolute fav. Ernie and I would go on a tiger hunt together. I'd act it out and do whatever Ernie told me to.

When he said to run up the hill, I jumped onto my bed. When he said run down, I jumped off and kept running. When he said jump over the fence at the bottom of the hill, I jumped. It was actually quite a workout. I not only had to run up and down a hill, but I had to crawl through a thicket, slap mosquitoes away, swim through a lake, tip-toe past the elephants and climb up a tree.

Then, while Ernie and I were looking through our rusty-trusty telescope for tigers, a tiger jumped up and scared us so we had to climb down the tree, tip-toe past the elephants, swim through the lake, slap the mosquitoes away, crawl through the thicket, jump over the fence, run up the hill and back down it really fast to get away from the tiger.

Once me and Ernie were safe inside his house, the doorbell would ring and when we opened it, you guessed it, the tiger was there and he scared us both.

I found this record not too long ago and played it for my husband. I tried to get him to act it out with me, but for some reason he said it was funnier to watch me do it alone.

Comments

Mary Aalgaard said…
Interesting visual! It's fun to rediscover those old faves.
Carolyn V. said…
LOL! You gotta love those old songs. =)
Erin Kuhns said…
That was hilarious!! I think you should post a vlog of you acting out Tiger Hunt to your old record...

:)
Rhonda said…
LOL! I'm with Erin - I think we need to see the Tiger Hunt to truly appreciate it! :)
Lisa Miles said…
Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen. LOL:) Unless I have a few glasses of wine in me, that is.
Raine Chasing said…
LOL! I agree with Erin - you should video it. I def. want to see this. Does Joey like it?
prashant said…
It's fun to rediscover those old faves.
Contextual Ad Network India

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven