Already Behind

I don't know what I was thinking signing up for YA Frenzy (100 pages in 30 days). Yesterday was the first day and I did get my three pages in, but today I didn't. We were out of the house all morning and my husband had a window guy come for an estimate. He was here 3 1/2 hours and quoted us $47,000! Then he wouldn't leave. We were starving and left to go out to dinner at 7:30. Just got home and it's after 9:00. We have my husband's aunt spending the whole weekend with us and we have plans for Easter dinner on Saturday and Sunday.

I'm just feeling discouraged today about writing. Why is it I leave my writing as the very last priority on my to-do list? In a perfect world I'd write every day. I don't even care what I write, just that I do it. But I almost never do. It feels next to impossible.

Plus, I'm planning on homeschooling our four year old son, which really means no time to myself. AND we're going to start fostering babies again soon. What am I doing to myself?

I hope tomorrow is better.

Comments

Pat Tillett said…
$47,000.000?
Did he confuse your house with Buckingham Palace?
pssst, get more estimates...
It sounds like you are building a basis for some wonderful stories. Those babies will only be at home for so long...

Oh my....$47,000 for windows! I agree with Pat, get a second...and if it takes him 3.5 hours to quote you a price imagine how long it will take him to install them.
Bossy Betty said…
You are one busy gal! and $47,000?? Yikes!
Unknown said…
Hang in there!!! The window estimate is crazy!!! I'd try someone else!!

Writing is my last priority as well and it always seems impossible to get in, some days are good some days are bad, apparently today wasnt great! Tomorrow could rock though!

Have a Happy Easter!
Anonymous said…
I know just how you feel. Like right now for instance. I did most of the laundry, cleaned, played with the kids, cleaned the fish tank, made the kids lunch and now they are both taking a nap! Perfect time to write?? Nope, I have no will to do so...and now I'm blogging my time away. It's a horrbile cycle! When will I learn?
Candice said…
Wow! You have a lot on your plate. Sometimes. Sometimes I find the only time I can write is in the middle of the night. I stopped needing sleep about five years ago. :) And 47 thousand! Either you have a great big house or that guy is taking you for a ride. My husband and I have renovated several houses and I don't think we've ever paid more than ten. Good luck!
Raine Chasing said…
WHAT? $47,000? RED FLAG!!!!

Who is your window guy? I'd try another company. Really. I think he has a bit of other things he's adding in there, not just windows.
prashant said…
Those babies will only be at home for so long...
home based data entry

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven