40 & Fearless

My cyber-friend, Angela, came up with this amazing idea, and I'm gonna steal it. In this 40th year of my life, I want to do (at least) 40 things that I wouldn't normally do. Maybe because I've been scared, it's something I haven't done in a long time, I feel stupid doing it or I'm just plain lazy (most likely the last one).

I don't have many things in mind just yet, but I'm opening myself up to anything and everything this year.

The only thing I know I really want to try is....ready?....skateboarding. There's a little park here in Gates that has the skateboard ramps and I really want to try it. Mike thinks I'll break something, but I still want to do it. And I will.

My list so far since turning 40:

1. I redid a room by myself. A few weeks ago I painted walls and furniture, and ripped a carpet out of a spare room.

2. Today I started to run again.

...that's all I have so far. But it's a start!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What about shaving your head and giving it to locks for love? That would be interesting.
Or what about getting a tattoo of a pirate?
Or dred locks?
I would want to do that stuff.. thought you would want some suggestions. =) Keep us updated on your list though! This is a great idea!
Lisa Miles said…
Lol, I do want another tattoo, but not of a pirate:) I think after I grow my hair out really long, I'll try the Locks of Love...if they want it. I could never do dred locks...I couldn't stand to have dirty hair.
CATE said…
Be careful, I broke my ankle 3 months before my 40th birthday....we don't heal as fast as we used to ;)
Raine Chasing said…
Thats a great idea. Now the skating, you have to get someone to video it cause I want to see you skateboard. I've tried it and it's not easy. I fell a few times, then decided it's not for me. Of course I wasn't wearing any safety gear and may have had one too many drinks, but I was a teenager, what can you expect. LOL.

Good Luck!
Mary Aalgaard said…
Enjoy your next 40 daring years!
Pat Tillett said…
"Grasshopper, a journey of a thousand miles, begins with but a single step."

You're off to a good start!

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven