I Miss Everybody!

The way we did this move was crazy. Instead of packing up like normal people and just moving in one day, we did it over about two weeks. On one hand it's good because every time my husband brings more stuff from our townhouse, I already have the previous load unpacked. But it also means just when I have the house looking great, my husband shows up with a ton more crap for me to put away.

I've been so busy getting the main floor (and basement) taken care of, that I've pretty much ignored the third floor where my writing office (!) will be. There are two rooms up on the third floor and my dad is going to help me fix the walls and repaint. But before then he's been painting the basement, taking out old trim and putting in new cedar trim, hanging curtains...and this week he wants to knock down the wall between the kitchen and dining room where my brother and him are going to put an island. So, the writing office is far down on the list.

But I miss everyone on here! I was used to reading all the blogs and blogging every day. Now I barely have time to check emails. But I know that will change soon enough.

In the mean time, thank you for all of the awards! I'll get to them soon. Along with all the blogs I have to catch up on:)

Here are a few pictures: My closet.

My son's playroom.

The dining room.

One end of the living room.

New curtains!

Comments

Bossy Betty said…
Looks like a nice new nest for you and your family!
It looks like a beautiful home, but sounds like a bunch of projects! I would LOVE to have a room all to myself for writing. I have a nice set-up in the bedroom, but I can't lock out Mr J...
Anonymous said…
A beautiful home! And I'm so envious of that toy room!
Raine Chasing said…
I love it. This coming weekend we're knocking down our wall that divides our living room and dining room. I can't wait. Time to take out some anger on that wall LOL. :)
Shelley Sly said…
Your home is gorgeous! Looks so comfy already. (And my mother has the same kitchen table and chairs, or otherwise very similar. I knew they looked familiar.) Good luck with everything else in the process of settling in!
Terra said…
Moving is so traumatic in the amount of work you need to do, and your house is shaping up beautifully. Be proud of your success in moving in.
DL Hammons said…
Wow...I'm jealous of your son's playroom. I wish I had a room like that!!

Very nice home. Thanks for the pics.
Lisa Miles said…
Thanks everyone! It's so nice to have all of my son's toys in one room, and not scattered all over the living room.
Mary Aalgaard said…
Oh, that's how it is with moving. You think, Stop bringing in more stuff! Where did it all come from? There's always the charity boxes and dumpster. Don't be afraid to use them! I moved last year and am still settling in.
Wow! Those archways in the dining room would have me rushing to sign the buy/sell agreement! Enjoy your new home!
Elisa said…
Hey lady! I was on facebook thinking: "I wish Lisa had a blog where she would put up pics of her house"...then I remember..DUH, she HAS a blog and sure enough, here I am looking at your awesome new house pictures! LOVE LOVE LOVE your closet & the playroom....and the curtains...and the fireplace.... ;)
Haddock said…
The dining table looks great.

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven