I May Be Nuts, But...

I think I want to participate in Script Frenzy this year. It's like NaNoWriMo but with a screenplay instead of a novel. The reason I'm nuts is because not only did I just move and still have a lot to unpack, but I don't even have a script idea in mind.

The whole YA world is still new to me, although I've read some YA books and have an entire shelf in my writing office with brand new YA books to be read. I still haven't written anything YA. Before we moved I had quite the outline going for a YA novel, which I still want to work on.

Last summer I wrote two short scripts (not young adult) that were turned into films. After they were done I sort of got out of writing screenplays (though not for lack of ideas---YA was just calling my name loud and clear). I feel like if I do Script Frenzy, I definitely want to work on a YA script. But I am WAY behind by not even having an idea.

I still have a few days to think it over, so hopefully I'll come up with something. Maybe I can use my outline and notes for the YA novel and turn it into a script instead....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Two that were turned into films? That's awesome! Congratulations, Lisa!
Lisa Miles said…
Thanks. They were just short films but I got to direct one, which was fun.
Unknown said…
Hey! The new house looks great, and I'm impressed by all your fab renovation projects. You sound like me: knee-deep in something like a move and still thinking, yeah, I think I will enter that contest/write that new story/launch a new blog/etc./etc.!!

Good luck with Script Frenzy -- I'm rooting for you!

If you get the chance to visit my blog, I have an award there for you!

Have a great weekend :)
Christi Goddard said…
Heya, followed you from Nicole's page.

I'm thinking about this, too, although I've never written a script before. It sounds fun.
Shelley Sly said…
I admire you for being able to write a script -- and having the desire to do so while you're so busy! Best of luck!
It sounds like a fun idea - good luck!! :-)
Unknown said…
I am in the same boat. I want to do ScriptFrenzy but have never attempted to write a script. It sounds fun though and I have some ideas floating around.

Good luck if you decide to try!
Bossy Betty said…
Yes, you may be crazy for considering it, but wouldn't you be a little disappointed if you didn't go for it?
Lisa Miles said…
Yes, I would be disappointed if I didn't try. I'm always bummed if I don't try NaNoWriMo, and then I have a whole year to wait. The problem is not having any ideas or plot. Although I haven't set foot in my office to actually write since we've moved. It's only been to unpack or move things around. Maybe today I can get some time alone!

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven