Excuse My Babbling For a While

Last Wednesday we closed on our house. We started moving in that night and had company over right away. Every day and night since then my husband had made trip after trip with stuff from our old place. He brings it in and I unpack it all. We've had company every day and we hate when we have to leave here to go back to our townhouse to sleep. I feel like I'm living two different lives.

Yesterday my dad and his wife were here from first thing in the morning until about eight at night. We painted our basement (which we're turning into a family/media room). My dad ripped out the baseboards and is putting in cedar ones today.

My brother and his family came last night, and he's going to be remodeling our kitchen since he builds custom kitchens for a living. I am so excited to have the kitchen done. It's the yuckiest room in the house: all mismatched cupboards, paneling (!), tile, awful floor...you get the idea. We're knocking the kitchen/dining room wall down and putting in an island to separate the rooms, but it'll really be one big room. He's moving the sink, stove and fridge, new cupboards, new (hopefully granite) counter tops...can't wait!

I know I sound like a moron, but I keep repeating the same thing over and over: I can't believe this is my house. We went from a four room townhouse (the biggest we've ever lived in in 10 years) to a ten room house with four floors. It blows my mind all day long that this is mine. My husband says he's never seen me so happy and I agree. So excuse me if I don't shut up about it for a while.

We've finally made it.

Comments

Shelley Sly said…
Aww congrats! I'm glad that you're happy with your new place! :)
Mary Gray said…
Oh! We did the same thing and took out a wall to put in an island and open up to rooms into one. It's SO much better this way. I actually posted pics on my blog a while back. What kind of cabinets/counter do you want? Yay for granite!! We got blue pearl (they sell it at Ikea but for a local place that sells it cheaper).
I would love to see a picture of your new house - it sounds so interesting!
Lisa Miles said…
I think I'd like white cabinets. And, honestly, I'm not that picky about the counters. I'm just thrilled that my brother is doing this for us at cost. After renting forever and not being able to paint any walls, this is so much fun!
Lisa Miles said…
Mary, I'll bring my camera over and take some pics. It's a 1929 colonial and has so much potential:)
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! It sounds so beautiful already. You'll have to post pictures for us. =]
Bossy Betty said…
Go crazy! It's a big deal! Congratulations!
Pat Tillett said…
Will we be seeing you on HGTV soon?
DL Hammons said…
Thanks for sharing your joy. A little bit really does wear off on me. :)
Terra said…
Your new home sounds lovely, and you will get moved in completely, one of these days, or months :)
Erin Kuhns said…
You don't need to shut up at all! That's fantastic! Congratulations and I look forward to hearing more! :)
I'm so excited for you!
Natalie said…
That sounds wonderful! We went from living in a 700 sf apartment to a real house with two levels, so I know the feeling. Space is wonderful!

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it.

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven