What Moves Me to be Creative

I've been messing around with my blog title, and what exactly it is I want my blog to be. I was working (cleaning) the other day, and thinking about what it is that gets me in a creative mood. I normally listen to podcasts all day at work to make the time go by quicker, but that day I was listening to music. And it suddenly hit me that music is my muse. I can listen to almost any song and get a story idea from it. Sometimes it's just a scene that flashes in to my head, or an overwhelming feeling of how a character is feeling. But songs almost always give me inspiration and a story. 

When I write, I love to blast my music. I usually favor the 70's rock era, but I'll also listen to pop, 80's, grunge, Sinatra, Indie, movie scores...you name it. It all depends on what type of mood I'm trying to create in my story. If I'm working on a scene with fast-moving dialogue, I've played AC/DC on a loop to help. And it does. It's hard to write slowly while listening to AC/DC. 

The title idea Rockin' the Creativity came to me while I was working, and I'm still rolling it around in my brain to see if I like it. 

I think I do.



  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven