How to Be Creative Without Being a Freak




Okay, that may not technically be possible. But the good news is, I do have advice for those of you who think you may possibly be creative, and have an urge to draw, or paint, or to try some 
funky journaling ideas.
I love to draw and paint and I’m horrible at it. And I used to care. I used to think, what if a REAL artist sees me doing this and laughs. Or, worse, a friend or family member! And I used to think the same thing about writing first drafts of my novels (which are always the worst!). What if I die before I finish my first draft, and my family actually thinks this is how badly I write?
And I always had this crazy urge to play with stickers. Like, just stick them all over the notebook I’m using for my novel ideas, stick them onto crazy journal entries I randomly decide to write, and, the best, combine all my painting/drawing/sticker sticking ideas into one in a Smash journal-type of book. (I have yet to make up my own name for creations like this, but it’s coming. I can feel it.)
So I listed some of the fun things you might want to try, even though you’ve never done anything like it. And I mentioned the friends and family who might jump out from behind the curtains to make fun of you. Now here is a delicious piece of advice (that I got from Goddess Leonie and my dad) when you hear your friends voices in your head laughing:
Fukem. 
Who cares what other people think? Be happy and excited to be YOUWhen you’re creating, don’t let anyone else come into your head, unless you’re creating something for them. So, stick your stickers, paint your paintings and draw on the walls. Just be sure you’re creating what you want to create! Let your freak flag fly, and if anyone judges you for it, fukem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven