Rainy Weekend and Things I Missed Out On

What a blah weekend we had. I was up most of the night with both kids over the weekend and was tired all day. My five year old has had a fever on and off for the past few days, and the baby...well, we're still working on a schedule for him. But today I started him on baby food (besides rice cereal). We tried green beans for the first time and so far so good. I'm hoping that'll help in the sleeping department, or at least set some kind of schedule.

I was sooo bummed I missed the Rochester Teen Book Festival yesterday:( I've only been planning on going for an entire year! My girlfriend was going to go with me (so I'd have someone to talk to this time), and we even read a bunch of the authors' books to get ready. But I was so incredibly tired yesterday after being up most of the night, I just couldn't see myself sitting through the author's speaking. Even though one was Ellen Hopkins and I totally had my question planned out I wanted to ask her (and the nerve to do it). Ah, maybe next year.

We also missed my niece's birthday party today. I was going to suck it up and bring the kids, but the 40 minute drive, the cold rain, and the fact that my son still had a fever in the middle of the night nixed that plan. Hopefully we can see them next weekend.

On a good note, my husband smoked pulled pork and brisket overnight Friday (another reason I was so tired. Between him coming in and out of the house--and the alarm beeping every time he opened the door--and the baby, I was up for hours!). Yesterday we hit one garage sale and I got two pairs of jeans for my five year old (he had none), and a few outfits for the baby who desperately needed them. We got some other stuff too, and only spent $10.

And after taking the kids out in the crappy weather to go to Wegmans, just so I could get out of the house, I ended up moving our bedroom around. It's one of the few rooms in the house I can actually move stuff around in so I take full advantage. I did a nice spring cleaning in there and it looks so much bigger than it did before. My next project will be to go through the house this week and get rid of stuff like clothes (how did I accumulate so many?), kitchen stuff, toys, etc.

I also got some writing done yesterday on my ya novel. It's coming along nicely and I'm happy with it. And I started Deb Caletti's The Fortunes of Indigo Skye the other night and really like that. Nothing like a good book on a rainy day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven