I Finally Did It!

I gave up Facebook. Well, for two months anyway. I've been wanting to deactivate my account for about six months now, but I just couldn't tear myself away.

I finally realized I'm not getting any younger, and my novels aren't writing themselves. I had to make more time for my writing, and what's my biggest time waster (probably most peoples' biggest time waster)? Facebook. So I deleted my account at 9:30 this morning and I don't plan on reactivating until July 7th. (No, that wasn't a tear).

I have big plans for the next two months. Huge. I plan on writing my entire first draft of my novel and....well, that's it so far. But that's big!

No more excuses.

I won't even blame the new foster baby that came into our home a month ago for me not getting any writing done. Nope.

I will write.

Hopefully every day.

Comments

Terra said…
I will come back to cheer you on as you write your novel. I am a writer too with one book published, and FB can help you meet some great people in the publishing world :)
Helen said…
I just deleted my facebook account as well.
Good luck with writing :)
I am your new follower.
OMG--you are a brave, brave woman. Congratulations on having the strength to rip yourself away from the biggest time waster on the planet. When I think about how much I could get done if I wasn't compelled to be checking in on life beyond my desk on facebook...I probably could have been done with my novel as well.

Boo facebook. I wish I could pull that plug too.
Lisa Miles said…
Thank you Terra, I appreciate the cheers:)

Thanks for following, Helen! And good for you for deleting your account:)

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven