Books You Liked But Thought You Wouldn't

I only started reading YA a year ago, but I've read well over fifty books since then. I get a lot of my book recommendations from reading other writers' blogs. There are two series' of books I had no interest in reading, but ended up loving.

Ellen Hopkins' Crank is the first YA book I read.  I didn't think I'd like it since it's written in verse, but the opposite happened. I ended up flying through the novel in less than two days, and went on to the next one, Glass. The third book, Fallout, was just released and I can't wait to read it. Since then I've read Identical, Tricks, and I just got Impulse. If you haven't read any of her books yet, I highly recommend picking one up.

The second set of books I had no intention of reading but ended up loving, are Lisa McMann's Wake series. I'm not normally into fantasy novels, but again, I devoured the three books in this series. I was also lucky enough to meet her at a signing and get my book signed.

What books were you hesitant to read but ended up loving?

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Forest of Hands and Teeth I wasn't to excited about. I had heard it was great and bought a copy that sat on my nightstand for weeks. In a fit of boredom I picked it up and fell love after the first page.

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven