What I Did This Summer

Everywhere I look there's talk of school starting, fall on its way and the summer winding down. This was our first summer in our new house and it was wonderful. We met lots of neighbors, cooked outside more often than not and my four year old finally made friends. Lots and lots of friends.
I started work on a new YA novel and started rewrites on an old one. I met a great new writing friend and also finished my writing room (which I'm not using right now due to the humidity up there. Oh yeah, and the bats).

We went swimming more than we ever have, hit about ten different ice cream places consistantly and still kept up with the festivals.

We tore down a small tree, planted sunflowers, tomatoes and a watermelon. I learned how to use a weed wacker (not yet without huring my shins), trim bushes to the point I'm vibrating when it's off and we still argue whose turn it is to mow the lawn because we both want to do it.

I prettied up our living room with grown-up stuff, and organized the playroom and art room so kids can have fun without the option of dumping feathers and sparkles all over the floor.

We have our kitchen wall down, cabinets, colors, counters and floor picked out. We're just waiting for the kitchen installation.

We've chased one bat out of the house and one was killed in the basement (please don't let us have any more!).

I still haven't figured out what to do with the empty room on the third floor, but I'll work on that when bat season is over.

All that said, I can't wait for fall!

Comments

Jolene Perry said…
Hey, better to have an empty room than the opposite problem ;)
Pat Tillett said…
It seems you've had a busy but enjoyable summer! that's what summer time is for...
What a wonderful summer! I hope the fall finds your time filled with much more happiness and fun (and fewer bats).
Lola Sharp said…
You accomplished way more than I did.

I'm new here. *waves* Nice to meet you.

~Lola

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven