Favorite Book on Writing

I have lots of writing books on my bookshelf. Lots. And some I haven't even read yet. I was talking to a writing friend tonight about Stephen King's On Writing. She just started reading it and I've read it twice and listened to it on CD twice. While that book is definitely on my must-read list for writers, I'm not sure if it's my favorite.
When I was writing screenplays, I love Blake Snyder's Save the Cat! books. I wish they made a formula-type book like that for novels. At least I haven't found one yet.

What is your favorite book on writing?

Comments

I'm reading On Writing right now and a friend loaned me Saving the Cat. My favorite though is Writing Magic by Gail Carson Levine, followed closely by The First Five Pages by Noah Lukeman.
Denny S. Bryce said…
Mmmmm....I have Stephen King's book on writing and pick it up regularly to soothe my writer's spirit, but a book I love is Stein on Writing by Sol Stein. Also Bird by Bird is excellent, too.
Jennifer Shirk said…
I really want to read Save the Cat.
I think my favorite is The First Five Pages by Noah Lukeman.
Luna said…
On Writing is a great book. My favorites are by Heather Sellers.

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven