I've Come to the Conclusion...

...that I try to squeeze way more into my day than I actually have time for. This leads to me feeling like I'm not accomplishing things on a daily basis. Yesterday I actually made a to-do list, which I think I will continue to do.

On my list I had:

  1. Vacuum living room
  2. Plan homeschooling lesson for week
  3. Go grocery shopping
  4. Give boy a bath
  5. Go to the library
  6. Pick up dog poop
  7. Clean stove grates
  8. Sign boy up for preschool activity at rec center
  9. Answer customer emails
  10. Plan weekly dinner menu
  11. Work on beats for novel
  12. Set up new craft room
  13. Clean out silverware drawer
  14. Put laundry away
  15. Bag up clothes to give away (already sorted)
I got 1-10 done but I still feel behind. I guess I should just rewrite it for my next day off and keep going.

How do you keep track of the things you need/want to do?

Comments

Unknown said…
I can relate!!! I feel like I need at least six more hours in each day...and not for sleep, either. I've been calling myself a WiMo-trepeneur...a wife, a mother, and a career woman. Each carries its own load of responsibilities (daily) and each carries its own load of "I need to do more, but I don't have time" mantras (daily). I'm glad I'm not alone on this, but I'm sorry at the same time - sorry that you have to feel this way! ::hugs:: We shall not be defeated by the clock!! We will prevail, WiMo'ing all the way!!!
maureen said…
Boy, does this hit home!! And the day that I do take for myself (mainly when I am sick or really tired) - I feel guilty. Must be the Catholic thing - - - anyways, I am a list girl and find that it is rewarding to cross it off the list or delete it from the list something that says, yes it is done. Enjoy the moment before you add 10 more things to the list;)
Anonymous said…
Errr, are you free at the weekend?!! My list is so long I daren't look at it anymore for fear of feeling rather unwell..!

CJ xx
Unknown said…
I can definitely relate, I spent all yesterday absorbed in my list, which I'll never be finished because it is constantly growing.
Pat Tillett said…
If I did that much in a week, I'd feel good about it!
I look at my list more like a menu. I wouldn't eat everything off a menu and I am not likely to do everything on my list each day.
I look at my list more like a menu. I wouldn't eat everything off a menu and I am not likely to do everything on my list each day.
Ooops....And I don't usually repeat myself.

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven