How I Embarrass Myself Part 2

First let me give you a visual of what I looked like this morning: I had on a pair of short sweats with peace, love and happiness symbols up the sides, a (very see-through) white tshirt, and slippers with no socks, and my hair (which is long and curly) an absolute mess.

I let the dog out and noticed a piece of pizza crust or something about twenty feet from the side door. I have no idea where it came from. When I went to let Speedy back in, she had the pizza crust in her mouth and tried to run into the house. I blocked her and tried to get her to drop it. She wouldn't.

I was trying hard to not come out of the house (see above description of what I looked like) because our neighbors were outside across the street. I bent over on the steps and flicked the pizza out of her mouth with my hand and tried again to get her inside. She was torn between the warm house and the free pizza on the ground in front of her. I ended her temptation by coming down the steps and taking a giant kick sending the pizza across the driveway into the neighbors yard.

Along with my slipper. I had to hop/limp/skip across the driveway with one slipper on, trying to keep my barefoot off the gross driveway (we have a very beat up driveway--something we didn't know when we bought the house because it was covered in snow--not that that would have changed our minds about the house, but still).

My four year old laughed at me when I got back in the house. He said it was like the time I thought I bit my tongue off and ran across the street screaming and lost one shoe. That's the last time I tell him stories about when I was little.

Comments

Stephanie said…
Awww...we've all been there!! As long as you weren't naked, it's really not all too bad!! LOL!
Angie said…
Oh, dear. Funny story. I've done stuff like that too many times to count.
Pat Tillett said…
Hilarious! these are the things that become family legend!

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven