My Top 5 Kitchen Disasters

  1. Last week I started a pot holder on fire while trying to scramble an egg.
  2. Three months ago I started the toaster cord on fire when it was on the stove, and I lit the pilot to boil water.
  3. I only learned how to make Mac and Cheese in the past few years, since I have a four year old. I tried it once and added all the ingrediants at once and ruined it.
  4. I gave myself food poisoning from undercooked chicken. Twice.
  5. Last night I made over two dozen peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and burned every single one. Actually, only the bottoms were burned. The tops were still raw.
I could go on, but, hey, the title only says 5! Have any of your own kitchen disasters?

Comments

Julie said…
I started my hand mixer on fire from overuse.
That? Was not a good night.
Pat Tillett said…
Lisa, please stay away from matches!
Amber Lough said…
Last week, I put a loaf of bread from Panera in the microwave to warm it up...in the brown paper bag. I didn't look inside the bag, however; the bread was wrapped in plastic and tied with a metal twistie-tie that promptly caught fire. I had no idea until I opened the microwave and let out a ball of fire. I grabbed the bread and threw it in the sink where it finished catching on fire. Then I soaked it.

Oh, don't try to microwave a hard-boiled egg, either.

I'm way, way better at just baking. Really. I shouldn't be allowed near a microwave.
Lisa Miles said…
Julie, I've never heard of a hand mixer catching fire, lol!

Pat, I think I need to stay away from the kitchen in general.

Amber, definitely stay away from microwaves:)
Angie said…
LOL. Sounds like you and the kitchen don't mix. And that's okay. I've had my share of disasters too, but nothing spectacular springs to mind right now.

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven