Spotlight On...Author Eileen Loveman

Eileen Loveman is a freelance writer, author of four books, stand up comedian, radio show host, key note speaker and weekly columnist under her byline STORIES FROM THE LAKE. From her backyard of Lake Ontario, Eileen offers her unique perspective of life on the lake, sharing thoughts about family, raising children and anything else that floats her way.



1) What was the hardest part about writing this book? The easiest?

"Stories From The Lake" is a compilation of columns I've written over the years for the Democrat and Chronicle and smaller newspapers in Wayne County, so it was relatively easy to put the book together - but the hardest part was picking the columns to put in the book. I decided to put them in categories such as 'kids' 'family' 'spiritual' and 'funny'. Towards the end of the book I put them in order of holidays, starting with Halloween.



2) What do you consider the most challenging about writing a novel (or writing in general)?

I always have more than one book in my head, more than one story or poem - so its difficult to keep the characters from bumping into each other.
3) What do you do when you’re in the middle of a book and you’re sick of it? How do you keep from stopping to work on your new shiny idea?

I give in - I DO stop. Stephen King has walked away from several projects, only to pick them up later, dust them off, and make them better.
4) What are your current writing projects?

Plastic 7, Doolittle Chronicles, A Christmas Wreath, and The Purple Suitcase.
5) What are you most proud of accomplishing so far in your life?

My children are my crowning achievement - but I am happy I have written books that will be part of my legacy.

6) What is your favorite quality about yourself? Your least favorite?

My favorite? That I have a sense of humor. My least - I can be very sensitive, usually when I am very tired.
7) Favorite TV show?

Lost, even though its off the air. It was the best storyline ever.
8) Who is your favorite author and why?

I have two - is that ok? Stephen King, and not for the gore, but for his story telling ability. I consider "The Talisman" (co written with Peter Staub) to be his best work. My other is Richard Russo - he has such a wonderful way of describing everyday people and making them so real you can recognize them in everyone.
9) What’s the last book you read?

Russo's "Bridge of Sighs."
10) What is your favorite/most helpful book on writing?

"Writing Down the Bones" although I can't remember who wrote it.
(Natalie Goldberg)
11) Do you have a Facebook or web page for fans?
 
FB Fans of Eileen Loveman or www.eileenloveman.blogspot. com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven