Ready, Set, Go!

I only have a few minutes. There's something wrong with my beloved laptop. After twenty minutes it freezes and I have to manually shut it down, which I hate doing. This isn't that old, but I didn't get a warantee on it. Every time I turn it on I set a timer for 15 minutes so I can restart it before it freezes again.

Anyway...I haven't completely forgotten about the 29 Gifts in 29 Days I was (am) doing. I just forgot a few days then it sort of snowballed into a few weeks. I still do things but I always think I'll remember them to post about (as a writer I should know better than to think I'll remember something).

Today I was finally able to tackle a mountain of paperwork I had to work on. You'd think with only one kid it wouldn't be so hard to find time to sit for a few mintues. When my grandma died last March, she had a few bills that needed to be paid. She hardly had any money (like a few hundred) when she died, so as I was advised, I've been ignorning the bills for her I get in the mail. That is until a few weeks ago when I started getting collection agency notices in MY name. I don't know how I got sent to collections for her bills, but I did. This entire thing is a nightmare. Everyone (including the County because she was on Medicare) wants a piece of her measley $200 in her bank account. I was her power of attorney but that ceases when she dies. The bank won't let me touch her $200. I have been fighting with the county and her nursing home to keep her few hundred dollars because she still doesn't have a headstone at the cemetary. It's f-ing riduculous what I have to go through to put a headstone on an 88 year old woman's grave.

Comments

I'm so sorry you're going through this. My grandmother fortunately came home from the hospital yesterday, but I've been wading through three feet of paperwork since then.

I hope you're able to get it resolved soon.
Lisa Miles said…
Dealing with paperwork sucks! I'm so glad your grandmother is home and she has you to take care of her.

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven