Homeschool Mother's Journal

 Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…  We found out that our five year old has cough variant asthma. I was happy that he was finally diagnosed after being at the doctors six times in less than a year for coughing. He now has an inhaler he'll use every day, and his own nebulizer when he has an attack. The doctor gave us steriods and a nebulizer to try for the week, and the results were amazing with how quick he got better. Now the baby is sick with a cold:(



In our homeschool this week… I haven't been doing as much homeschooling this week, but I did get my schoolroom totally organized. Now all of my son's toys are in the walk-in closet (off the bathroom which is off the schoolroom). And the schoolroom is filled with educational things. I have bookshelves with games, school-related books, his workbox, my own shelf with teacher-related materials and lots of other things. Now I'm just trying to get rid of our piano so I can have even more room!


I am inspired by…  Other homeschool moms I meet who homeschool more than one kid at a time. There are some amazing moms I've met online who have four or more kids at once that they homeschool. They make it look like a breeze, and I can't wait to start Kindergarten with my son.



Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… I met a great mom today at the park who homeschooled all four of her kids (now all grown). We talked a while and it turns out she lives right near me and we're going to try to meet up at a local park.
My favorite thing this week was… We spent two days this week at my girlfriends house. Our kids played all day, while I helped her her reorgainze her schoolroom. That was lots of fun!



What’s working/not working for us… My girlfriend and I started a Park Day every Friday morning. We invited all moms and kids to pack a lunch and come hang out at a different park each week. It was a lot of fun today, and I can't wait until next week. I love mixing and matching friends! 
Things I’m working on… I'm still working on my young adult novel. Sometimes I only get a paragraph here and there done, but I love the fact that the story is with me all day and I'm constantly taking notes.



I’m reading…  I'm totally addicted to Deb Caletti right now. I've read almost all of her books in the past few weeks. My favorites so far are Stay and The Six Rules of Maybe.  The way she writes gives that burning desire to sit down and write and write. Who could ask for anything more in a book?

Comments

I love your park idea - how cool! I was only homeschooled for a little while (mom+me=clash) but it helped me so much when I got into public school. A lot of kids just learn better at home. :)
Lisa Miles said…
That's cool that you were homeschooled for a bit. It's definitely not for everyone:)
ali cross said…
Hi Lisa Marie! I'm so glad to have met you! I love that you describe yourself as a "groovy chick". :D That's just awesome.

And hey, I'm a writer and a homeschooling mom, too!

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven