The Big Apple & a Beatle

Last week my husband came home from work and told me to not spend any money between now and July. Yeah, right. I needed a little more information than that.

He said he made vacation plans for our tenth anniversary and it was a surprise. He told me no matter how much I bugged him, he wasn't going to tell me. We haven't been on a vacation alone since our honeymoon. This was BIG!

I started in on him:

"You have to tell me where we're going."
"Nope. You'll see when we get there."
"How will I know how to pack? How will I know how to dress? What if I wear the wrong shoes? I could wear sneakers and it could be fancy, or I could wear sandals and my feet would hurt from..."
"Fine, fine, I'll tell you!"

I knew my nagging would come in handy some day.

He's taking me to New York City to see Paul McCartney at the new Yankee Stadium! I saw Paul twice before (once in '89 and again in '91) in Toronto. I never thought I'd see him again since it's so expensive. Plus, we have two kids now and it's not easy finding a babysitter (you can't leave a foster baby with just anyone). So our five year old is going to a friend's house for a few days, and the baby is going into respite care. I'm really looking forward to this break, but I will miss the kids.

I bought tickets to tour NBC studios at Rockefeller Center. When we went to NYC a few years ago, the tickets were sold out, so I wanted to make sure we got to go this time. We're planning on staying at a hotel in New Jersey this time. It's much cheaper than the city, and a bus will take us to Time's Square every day. I can't wait!

Comments

That sounds like an amazing trip--your hubby Rocks! We saw Sir Paul last April {sigh} what a show. And we had to take our 6-yr-old along. He fell asleep. I'll never let him live it down.

Hope you have a great time.
Cheers.VB
Jennifer Shirk said…
WOW!! What a great hubby!! Sounds awesome!
Jill Kemerer said…
Wow!!! You are going to have an amazing time!! Enjoy!!
Penelope said…
Eeeeck! Blogger ate my comments. (try turning off word verification)

What an exciting trip! Great hubby! Will you be able to catch any Broadway shows?
cleemckenzie said…
You're going to have a blast.

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven