My Tuesday Ten

It's been a stressful few days, so I thought instead of dwelling on things that aren't going right, I'll be thankful for the things that are:

1. We thought the baby we're fostering was leaving yesterday, but she will be with us for a little while longer.

2. We finally trapped our hamster after two months of him being MIA.

3. My son loves drawing, cutting out his creations, rolling them up and sealing them with tape, then putting them into an old baby formula can he decorated.

4. After a snow storm last night, my wonderful husband snow plowed the driveway, and did the neighbors too. Then he went out on the terrible roads and got us some coffee:)

5. We got one of the biggest, most beautiful Christmas trees we've ever had. Now that we have a big living room, it doesn't even look like it takes up that much space. I hope this one doesn't tip over.

6. We have awesome parents who are always there for us whenever we need them.

7. Yesterday I had a great conversation with my dad when I thought we were about the lose the baby. He calms me down and makes me feel better. All while listening to me rant.

8. The baby is on an amazing schedule and sleeps four hours at a time. Because of this I'm not a zombie during the day.

9. I met a foster parent yesterday that I haven't met before, and we really hit it off. It's nice to have other foster parents to vent to once in a while. I also met another couple of brand new foster parents who don't live far from us. Hopefully we'll be getting together with them.

10. Even though I haven't had time to write, my mind is going constantly with ideas for characters, plot, scenes and dialogue on my wip.

Comments

Kristie Cook said…
Lovely things to be thankful for! Thoughts and prayers for you and the baby. I love that your son rolls up his creations and stores them away. Be sure you get your hands on that can before he decides he's too old for it! What a great time capsule for when he's all growed up. :)
And thank you for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog.
Your site is lovely.
Hope all is well with the baby.
Angie said…
That's a great list. It made me smile. Sorry about the stress. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Give the baby and your son a hug from me. They sound adorable.
Mara McBain said…
What a beautiful list. I don't think we stop to do that nearly often enough. Way to enjoy the little things! Merry Christmas.

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven