Something New is a Brewin'

So far this year I've read thirty-four books, almost all YA. I come across new authors in so many ways. Through Facebook I've become friends with tons of YA authors, I've gotten great recommendations on blogs, and sometimes I just stumble upon them like I did Jessica Brody. I was Googling Save the Cat! working for novels and found a terrific interview with Jessica Brody.  I ended up getting her book that same day and fell in love with it. I can't wait to read her others.

Once I find an author I like, I check out their website to see what I can learn about them. Like a lot of writers, I'm interested in how they work, what they struggle with and, basically, anything else they have to say about writing.

I was thinking today about questions I'd ask authors if I had the chance. I wrote them down and emailed them to two of my favorites: Jessica Brody and Kody Keplinger. They both got right back to me and agreed to answer them. Yay!

The more I continue to read, the more questions I want to come up with to ask my favorite authors. I can't wait to read their responses.

Comments

stacey said…
I love author interviews! It's the best way, I've found, to find new authors and learn what makes them tick. Unless, of course, I'm the one their interviewing. Then they get zombie cupcake recipes and something snarky thrown their way. I'm a terrible subject. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven