Story Soundtracks

Depending on my mood and the mood I'm trying to capture in my story, I play a certain kind of music. It's almost always blaring (thank God I'm in my own house now and not sharing a wall anymore). When I wrote a sex scene for one novel I played Come Away With Me by Norah Jones on repeat. I still can't hear that song without thinking of my two characters falling in lust love.

What are your favorite songs to write to?
Do you make soundtracks for your stories?
Or do you just blast any ol' music?

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen said…
I have a hard time writing with music playing. I catch myself singing along and losing focus on what I'm writing. Maybe I should play songs I don't know the words to. :)
Sherilyn Nicole said…
I once read somewhere that you're not suppose to listen to songs while you write because you still the words from the songs... I have to say I think that is crap. I always listen to music as I write. I usually find music I think my characters would enjoy and listen to songs depending on which character I'm writing... But I think your idea is genius. Listening to a certain song during a certain scene...

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven