I'm Suddenly Crafty

Years ago I used to be in craft fairs and sell...a bunch of crap, basically. Then I stopped doing craft for about 12 years. Now, suddenly, I'm back into them.

I don't know where this urge is coming from or how to stop it. I'm thinking it's the fact that I own a house again and I have lots of room to do stuff. Plus, I have a four year old who loves to do anything crafty.

I could kick myself for selling a big box of rubber stamps at a garage sale we had a few years ago for $20. $20! Do you know how much those stamps cost me? A helluva lot more than $20. Now my son loves stamps and I can't believe I have to start all over buying them.

Most recently I made my son a felt calendar to learn from. I'm going to be homeschooling him in the fall and I thought I'd get a jump start. I went to Jo-ann Fabrics the other day to buy felt, and ended up buying a ton of stickers, notecards and stock paper. It was all on sale. The stickers were marked down from $4.99 to $.97, so I HAD to buy them. I'm thinking of making my own notecards to send out. Not that I send notecards, but I'd better start since I have so many!

Are any of you crafty? What do you like to do?

Comments

SteferstheGreat said…
I secretly wish I were crafty, but I've never been able to actually sit down and concentrate on the actual craftiness of crafts. hah I get overwhelmed with all of the little details and cutesy doodads that I simply go on overload and freak out. It also doesn't help that I'm a notorious perfectionist... Ah, well. I guess I'll have to leave the craft-making to those strong of will. :)
Rosslyn Elliott said…
I've had a craft project waiting for me for almost a year! I really need to get to work. :-)
Pat Tillett said…
You just never know when you are gonna need something...I force myself to get rid of things, but I usually regret it later.
I wish I were crafty. But I'm having too much fun writing books and blogging.

I admire you're ability. :)
Jennifer Shirk said…
No, I'm not really crafty. I would love to make homemade cards or picture frames though.

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven