Unexpected Shot

This morning our speech therapist told me they set up clinics for the h1n1 shot. I had no idea about this and haven't been following it. I admit I haven't done any research on the shot up until today. We called Joey's old doctor's office at the clinic (he has a new doc since being adopted) and talked to the nurse who we completely trust. She said if he was still in foster care they would have called us come in for the shot. Since he was born three months premature and has a weak immune system, she said he would be susceptible to death if he got the swine flu. We went to Irondequoit Mall and got in line. We were told it would be at least two hours. No sooner were we in line when a security guard came over and said there was a clinic on West Ave. (not a good neighborhood) that was empty. A bunch of people left the line and headed over to West Ave. We got there, filled out the paperwork for Joey and got in line. We realized that all the adults around us were getting it too, and decided to get our paperwork and have the shot since we take in babies and clean houses were people have/had the swine flu. It ended up taking about 40 minutes to get in and out. Poor Joey wasn't happy. On the news tonight it showed the Irondequoit Mall with people outside in the cold rain waiting for up to six hours. That's nuts. I'm thankful we were in and out and hope there are no side effects for anyone.

I've been cranking along on my script. I've been working on it every little chance I have. After the shots today, we went to IHOP for lunch, then Mike dropped us off at a play place while he went and cleaned a house. We were there over 2 1/2 hours and while Joey played non-stop, I wrote. I also met an older woman who seriously talked to me non-stop. I've never in my life met anyone like this. She's going to make a great character in my scirpt.

Comments

So much fodder to draw on!

I'm glad you got Joey the shot; it sounds like he was an important candidate.

And I LOVE this new background!
Meisha Ray said…
Hi thought I'd stop by and see what you were up to! I'm just working on some articles if my brain will work with me. Wish me luck.

Glad you guys got the shot so you won't get sick. H1N1 sucks. Chat to you later.

Mei
Lisa Miles said…
Thanks Meisha!

Janna, my girlfriend, Meisha, set the background up for me:)

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven