Things I'm Thankful For

Since our Thanksgiving plans were changed, I decided to stop dwelling on my aching back and instead on the things I'm thankful for this year.

  • Adopting Joey
  • Mike, for everything
  • Our business is busier than ever considering the economy
  • I had two films made, and one in a film festival
  • I've met some wonderful friends though Rochester Movie Makers
  • We decided to home school Joey
  • I've gotten closer with my girlfriends
  • We started preparing to buy a house in the next few months
  • I ate four pieces of chocolate chip banana bread today and didn't throw up
  • Joey's OT and Speech therapist
  • Joey spontaneously saying I love you a lot.
  • The Yankees winning the World Series so my husband isn't grumpy
  • Joey loving ancini de pepe, the one thing I can cook
  • Our cars not breaking down
  • The awesome bookshelf I got at the Hilton garage sale
  • Keeping in touch with long lost friends and family on Facebook
  • Joey's adoption party going just how we always imagined
  • Joey's amazingly good behavior on a daily basis
  • Taking turns with Mike sleeping in on weekends
  • The years I spent with my grandma before she died last March
  • The relationship with my ex-husband and his awesome wife
  • Being done with jury duty for the next ten years
  • Gordy Hoffman buying us Yankees souvenirs from the World Series and sending it to us
  • The free piano from Kristen
  • My iPhone
  • My in-laws
  • Having my dad to talk to about anything and everything

Comments

That's a great list!

This has been a pretty crappy year for me, but maybe I should look harder to find something to appreciate.
Lisa Miles said…
Thanks Mel:) Have you heard of 29 Gifts in 29 Days? I'm going to try that, too. When you do stuff for other people it tends to take the focus off yourself (plus it just makes me feel good:).
http://www.29gifts.org/

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven