Lighting a Fire

I am truly learning the benefits of a deadline. I've never really had one with writing before. But now, with less than three weeks to finish (and start) a screenplay, I'm suddenly very productive. I spent a few hours at the library today and wrote outline for my script. It was going to be a brief summery of the story for my writing friend I'm meeting tomorrow, but it ended up being four pages long. I wish I could have stayed at the library for a few more hours, but I can't abandon the family all weekend. Maybe I can squeeze in some more writing time tonight.

I'm at that fun stage where I zone out thinking about my characters, dialogue and scenes. I caught myself going over dialogue and talking out loud as I was walking out of the library. I also don't remember how I got home. I know I left the library, but I was so into "writing" the first scene in my head, I magically appeared home. Plotting while driving can be dangerous.

Comments

Meisha Ray said…
Hey girly. You misspelled summary. :) Sorry just a habit of mine. :)

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven