Cabin Fever No More

I finally made it out of the house after being stuck here for three days with a sicky. I ventured a whole eighth of a mile to Wegmans for bread and muffins. I felt like I hadn't been in public in years. I wanted to ask people what's happened in the past few days. What did I miss? It felt so great to be free for a few minutes that I even bought Mike a fish fry and stuffed clam as a surprise for dinner. I figured he was sick of having jambalaya three days in a row. See how wifely I am when I'm left to be alone for a few mintues?

After dinner we decided to go for a walk to tire Joey out. We walked to the townhouses across the street to show Joey a "spooky house." This lady had more Halloween crap in front of her house. As we were standing there I said to Mike, "Can you imagine what the inside of her house looks like? It has to be filled with crap." Just then she came to the door and asked if we wanted to come in and see what she had. Well, of course we did. I bolted for the front door leaving Joey and Mike behind. Never mind that I'd never met or even seen her before. I motioned for Mike to hurry up and dig his iPhone out for pictures. This was going to be good. And it was. There was not an inch of space in this house that wasn't covered with a pumpkin, dancing ghost, witch or skeleton. Her walls literally had no available space for hanging anything. Her living room was teeny tiny and had a large dog and two cats. The only open space was the couch (the old family room kind with the wood) that had a book on it. She must have been reading and saw us through the window. Mike took a bunch of pictures as I distracted her with small talk. In eight years of cleaning houses we've never been in one like this. I'm constantly amazed at how people keep their house. The people that you see out every day, the ones that are nice looking, nicely dressed, clean...they're houses can be the filthiest. I just don't get it.

Now for the important part. Let's see if I can load the pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven