Officially a Filmmaker

I was too beat last night from filming all day (then going to a birthday party) to write anything. Today was our last day of filming at the Bamba Bistro. I loved directing much more than I thought I would. I was pretty sure I only wanted to stick to writing the scripts and not anything else. But thanks to the actors and crew I had a blast both days, and can't wait to do it again. Which will be sometime in September (as assistant director) for a film I'm writing now.

The best part was my husband was there both days. Today my dad and his wife came to be extras, along with my husband. I was also an extra in the first shot of the restaurant. And one fun fact: on a close up of a phone call the main actor takes from a doctor, I called him from my phone and he programmed his phone to read "Dr. Miles" calling. (Please address me as such in the future) Pictures from the film are on Facebook.

Now I have two days worth of a messy house to clean up. The yuckiest part is the crock pot full of inedible cream of broccoli soup my husband made last night. It was a new recipe and came out horrible for some reason. Thank God for Mark's Pizzeria!

Comments

Meisha Ray said…
Well, Dr. Miles (lol) I'm glad that everything went so great.
Evie said…
hey lisa, I didn't know you were a filmmaker! That's so fantastic!
Lisa Miles said…
Thanks Evie! It's the first one I've directed. Lots of fun!

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven