See What Quitting Facebook Can Do

Ok, so I know it's only been four days since I deleted my Facebook account. But I have to say...I don't miss it at all. At least not yet. My husband thinks I will in a few weeks.

We'll see.

I'm still planning on coming back in July. (Even though my awesome friend started a Bring Back Lisa Miles page on Facebook.)

So far this week I've:
  • Joined the YMCA -- This is something I've been wanting to do forever and we finally did it. We went yesterday and today with our friends. Yesterday was the first time I've ever left my five year old in a play area without me right there, and he did great! Although he did have his best friends with him, so that helped.
    • I've used the treadmill, bike machine and one of the exercise rooms with equipment. Afterwards we take the kids into one of the play areas or swimming. Of course, all that great exercise I've been doing was probably just undone by the chocolate chip pancakes I made for lunch today.
  • Been writing on my current WIP -- After putting it aside for a few months, I'm finally back on the writing bandwagon and working on my ya novel. It feels good to stare off into space about my story again.
  • Came up with a new memoir/fiction idea that I'm tossing around. I feel like it's a story that needs to be written down, I'm just not sure if I want to fictionalize it or have anyone read it.
  • I'm also tossing around the idea I have for my next ya  novel. I haven't written anything down on it yet, mostly for fear that I'll start on that one and forget my current one. But it's bubbling up there.
And there have only been two times where I've thought about posting on Facebook. One was the other day when I saw two pregnant woman sharing a cigarette, and the other was when my son said something funny:

                         Me: Daddy bought a new grill.
                        Him: What's he going to do with you?
                        Me: With me, what do you mean?
                        Him: If he bought a new girl, what's going to happen to you?

And that's it for my four days without Facebook. Hopefully I'll have alot more added to that. If I'm not to sore from working out to crawl to the computer.

Comments

Kristin Rae said…
omg I am cracking up at the grill/girl mix up. SO CUTE.

I wish I could quit Facebook, but unfortunately, it's where most of my Photography business comes from. But I do have a couple days a week where I completely forget it exists anyway, so... that's kind of like quitting in a way :)
Gina Conroy said…
Good for you! I've done that before for a set period of time (well, didn't deactivate) and it really helped with productivity!
Elisa said…
LOL...so funny!!! Haha...I do like keeping track of the kid quotes on the blog better than facebook, because then you can find them easily when you want to look them back up. =) I have a "quotes" tag. =)

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven