When You Know You're Dreaming

About once a month I dream about my mom. In the dream the same thing happens each time. Last night I was dreaming about getting ready for a family party, and I walked into a room and she was there. She looked absolutely beautiful.

As I always do, I immediately realize I'm dreaming and start to cry. I usually collapse to the floor and cry uncontrollably. She'll ask me how I am or what's wrong, and I always tell her the same thing, "This is a dream and  you're not going to be here long," and I continue to cry.

This time when I could tell she was getting ready to leave, I begged her to come back and visit me soon and more often. When I walked out of the room in my dream, I continued on with what I'd been dreaming about before, unaware that I was dreaming.

Do you dream like this? Are you ever aware that you're dreaming?

Comments

(((Lisa)))

I am often aware of dreams but I don't know that I've ever said so IN a dream.
Pat Tillett said…
That is such a sad dream...

I'm almost always totally aware that I'm in a dream. Many times, I'm also able to continue a dream after waking up for a short time.
My wife is always tickled because I talk out loud and she can sort of enter my dreams... I know that sounds weird, but it's true!
Lisa Miles said…
I think it's cool to know when I'm dreaming. It happens once in a while when it's not about my mom, too, and it makes me do things I wouldn't normally do because I know it's not real. I guess I'd rather dream about her knowing it's a dream, than waking up thinking it was real. After she died I dreamt I went to visit her and she told me it was all a mistake, and that she wasn't really sick. I did not like waking up from that.
Luitha said…
Hi, I found your beautiful blog, and this post resonated with me.

For about 8 months after my father died in 2006, I had regular dreams of him. He was often still ill, but not dying, or was in perfect health but about to leave on a train or plane...

I would cling to him and ask him to stay, but he would always go on. They were bitter sweet dreams, very vivid - I could feel him, his presence with me, even after I woke up.

After I began my shamanic training the dreams stopped, and when I completed my training I got to meet him again and offer healing to him to help him move on, and to help me let him go.

I haven't seen him in a dream in years now, but I can feel him sometimes and I know that if I need to, I can call on him for support :)

Luitha
www.thelivingsacred.co.uk
Anonymous said…
Wow. That must be an emotional dream for you. I have had nightmares when I try to wake myself up within the dream, aware it is not real. Thankfully they do not happen often!
LuvDeluxe said…
Next time don't waste you time with Mom crying. You two have unfinished business so give her a chance to tell you what she needs to or ask her what yo need to know. Yes you can control your dreams
Jon A. Lukacher said…
I wish I had something that lucid.

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven