I Miss Writing!!

I'd been working on homeschooling my preschooler this year, and it wasn't going well. I wasn't consistant or organized at all (which is very unlike me). Until about two months ago when a fellow homeschooler (and great friend) told me about a system other homeschoolers use. The good news is that the system has been going amazingly well, and it turns out it's exactly what I needed to keep me motivated. My son has been learning faster than ever and it's showing. He actually asks to do his schoolwork now.

The bad news is I haven't written anything that doesn't have to do with school. I was deep into the first chapter of my new YA novel when all of the new homeschooling stuff came up. I tend to immerse myself completely in one thing and block everything else out. Unfortunately that one thing was my writing. I couldn't even think about my characters since all I can think about is homeschooling.

Today I was at the bookstore with my son killing time. He found a stack of books he wanted to look at, and after I grabbed a few homeschool/teaching books, I snagged a writing magazine off the shelf. As soon as I started reading it...I can't explain it...I felt like I was home. It hit me hard how much I've missed writing (and blogging). Just leafing through the magazine got me excited again for my novel. And now that I'm all set up and have our homeschool system moving along, I'm going to pick up where I left off on my YA.

And I can't wait.

Comments

i miss writing too. could you email me about this homeschooling program? thanks.

michelledgregory@gmail.com
Oh!!!! I'm soooooo happy for you!!! Congrats congrats congrats!! :D :D :D :D
:D
Rosslyn Elliott said…
I think homeschooling at the preschool level was almost the hardest. The instruction has to be so varied, and there aren't as many programs. Sounds like you have a good handle on it, though. I'm still working on the balance between homeschooling and writing.
I've just been browsing blogland and came across your blog, and I love finding other websites of writing parents! I write scifi, and while I don't homeschool, I do a lot of crafts with my son (2.5 years.) I've got another one due soon too, and I'm worried about what will happen to my writing when it's born.

Good luck with picking it back up. I'm sure you'll feel much better once you do, even if it's only a little bit at a time.

I hope you'll come visit Science Fiction Mommy
http://sciencefictionmommy.blogspot.com/
because as I said, I love getting to know other writers who are in similar life circumstances to my own.

--Eileen

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven