All Housed Out

I never thought the day would come when I didn't want to look at houses, but it's here. For the last ten years I've wanted nothing more than kids and a house. We finally have our kid and next is a house. We've looked at approximately 23 houses, including three today. There is one house we've liked all along, but it needs cosmetic work. I have no problem painting, tearing up carpets, fixing drywall, etc. But we're afraid there's a mold problem in that basement. They had a "treatment" done that's guaranteed for life, but the walls look a mess, so it's obviously back. This is where my brother comes in. Having built houses before he knows what to look for. This house has four bedrooms, two full baths, a laundry room, enclosed back porch and .28 fenced in acres. The downside (besides the possible mold) is it's not in a neighborhood and on a busy road. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow when we all go to look at it again.

We looked at another house yesterday that was all new on the inside. The kitchen, dining room and living room are one big open room. The kitchen has new counters, cupboards and new stainless steel appliances, plus it's in a neighborhood. The downside is of the four bedrooms, the master would be downstairs, and the three upstairs are very small. The two bathrooms are also very small. It has a cute yard and a 2.5 car attached garage. It's also slightly out of our price range.

We saw one today that's a cape cod with three bedrooms (one down, two up), 1.5 baths and a new kitchen. The kitchen is very tiny, but there's an addition off the kitchen that my brother (who builds custom kitchens) may be able to knock the wall out and make one huge kitchen. Off the addition is a deck and .38 acre backyard. The yard is gorgeous (the front yard is huge too). It has a dining room, but the house feels a little tight to me. I'd really like four bedrooms and it only has three. The basement is dry and could be finished.

My mind is just spinning with these three houses and it won't quiet down. Since we've always like the possible-mold house, if we find out it's too expensive to repair, I'd like to have a backup. I just wish there was one house we just loved all around. I'm driving myself crazy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven