I Wish I Were Lazy

If I were lazy things would be so much easier. I'm sure I'd do a lot more of the things I want to do (like write) than everything else (like clean and organize).

We were supposed to get hit with a huge snowstorm over night, and instead only got about four inches. Schools shut down last night in preparation, and our cleaning jobs moved to the following day. My husband and son were all for staying snowed-in, watching movies and playing video games. It sounded like fun to me too, until I woke up to only four inches.

Now I want to go out and do stuff. I don't know what stuff, but just...stuff. Maybe the library? Return the movie I watched last night (Catfish...so good!)?

I slept in this morning until 10:30. My husband and I take turns sleeping in on the weekends. Last weekend I let him sleep in both days, so today was my turn. When he wakes up the house is all clean and put together. When I wake up, it's a mess.

I already mentioned (me) going out and he said he thought we were all staying home. So, now I'm trying to think of some things I can do around here. Like finish cleaning out the playroom after yesterday's mouse-in-the-toilet incident that made me lock the playroom door for the rest of the day for fear I'd open it to thousands of mice.

I think I'll make some crafts with my five year old and work on a little homeschooling. Maybe by then I can sneak out to the store or something.

If only I were lazy and liked to watch tv during the day...

Comments

I love lazy days. But they are few and far between. Love the polar bears.
Pat Tillett said…
you have much too much going on to be lazy!
Happy Valentine's Day Lisa!

Popular posts from this blog

My Name is Lisa and I Write Crap

Yet Another Embarrassing Confession (you would think I'd have run out by now)

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven